DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
- ROUND TABLE ON ‘DECENTRING ELT’ – 10 NOVEMBER 2022 – Organised in Collaboration with CELE, Dr. Ambedkar University, Delhi
- RKKM-VNGIASS-JMPC M.A.ENGLISH SEM-3 ONLINE CLASSES (2021-22).
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ‘EMERGING TRENDS IN LITERATURE & LANGUAGE’ – 4 & 5 OCTOBER 2021
- SUPPLEMENTARY ENGLISH – B.Sc. SEMESTER-II ONLINE CLASSES (2-7 AUGUST 2021)
- ONLINE CLASSES : M. A. ENGLISH SEMESTER-4 (SUMMER-2021) (10 – 15 JULY 2021)
- B.Sc / B.Sc (IT) / BCA Semester II (Compulsory English) Online Classes (SUM-2021) ( 23 JUNE – 2 JULY 2021)
- ONLINE TEACHING – M.A. ENG SEM-1(19-30 APRIL 2021)
- ONLINE CLASSES – M.A. ENGLISH SEM-II (2020-21).
- B.A. SEMESTER-II COMPULSORY ENGLISH ONLINE TEACHING SESSIONS (2020-21).B.A. SEMESTER-II ENGLISH LITERATURE ONLINE TEACHING SESSIONS (2020-21).
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE ACTIVITIES AND RESOURCES OF THE DEPARTMENT.
- Compulsory English component in UG courses
- English Literature as an elective in B. A.
- M. A. (English)
- PhD (English)
- Certificate Programme in Communication & Life Skills
Click here for the statements of PSOs and COs of UG programmes.
Click here for the statement of PSOs and COs of PG programmes.
Dr. Karthik Panicker
M. A. PhD
Assistant Professor & HOD,
Specialisation: Indian Writing in English, Post-Colonial Literature, Diaspora Literature
Publications: Books: 06 Research Papers: 09
Research Supervision: PhD – 02 awarded, 04 Ongoing
Projects: 01 MRP
Dr. Umesh Bansod
M.A. (English), M. Phil. Ph.D., M.A.(His, Pol, Eco, Soc, Ambedkar Thought, Pub Adm), B.Ed. MBA, Dip.J., Sangeet Visharad
Specialisation: Ambedkar Thought, Indian Writing in English
Publications – Books: Research Papers: 12
Shri Ajay Sahebrao Deokate
M.A. (English) NET, SET.
Specialisation: Post-Colonial Literature, Indian Writing in English.
Publications: — Books: — Research Papers: 02
M.A. (English), SET.
Specialisation: Indian Writing in English.
Research Papers: Nil
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATIONS :
- All India Network of English Teachers (AINET)
- British Council
- Regional English Language Office (RELO), US Embassy
- Hornby Trust, UK
PROJECTS BY THE DEPARTMENT
Dr A. M. Padwad, Department of English
- Promoting Teacher Development (TD) groups through capacity building of facilitators, supported by Hornby Trust, UK and British Council (2016–17)
- Developing as researchers: Promoting teachers’ CPD through engagement in research, ELTREP award by British Council (2015–17)
- Compilation of a database of research in ELT carried out in the universities of India during 1985–2005, sponsored by UGC (2010–12)
- Promoting and supporting teacher development through an online community, supported by Hornby Trust, UK and British Council (2010–12)
- Continuing Professional Development through ETCs, supported by British Council and Hornby Trust, UK (2003–06)
- National Project on Effective Use of Prescribed Materials English, supported by Hornby trust, UK, British Council (2003–05)
- Critical Viewing of British Films to Promote Cross–cultural Understanding, supported by ELTeCS Network, British Council, in collaboration with Prof. Denis Newson, Osnabrueck University, Germany, Dr. Radislav Millrood, Tambov University, Russia, Prof. Simon Gill, TTI, Olomouc, Czech Republic (2002–04)
Dr. Karthik Panicker
- Issues and Challenges in the Translation of the Short Stories of Kamleshwar. (UGC sponsored) (2013–15)
- Community Outreach Programme
- MoUs with local schools to provide language enhancement training to teachers
- Community–oriented research studies
- Student research projects
- English Literary Association
ONLINE TEST EXAM – SUMMER 2020
- B.Sc SEM-II Compulsory English – ONLINE TEST EXAM
- B.A. SEM-II COMPULSORY ENGLISH -ONLINE TEST EXAM
- B.A. SEM-IV COMPULSORY ENGLISH -ONLINE TEST EXAM
- B.A. SEM-VI COMPULSORY ENGLISH – ONLINE TEST EXAM
- B.A. SEM-II ENGLISH LITERATURE ONLINE TEST EXAM
- B.A. SEM-IV ENGLISH LITERATURE ONLINE TEST EXAM
- B.A. SEM-VI ENGLISH LITERATURE ONLINE TEST EXAM